Asked by Cat from USA | Jan. 12, 2015 17:24
About:China Embassy in India

Can you get a Chinese L type entry permit in India if you are a US citizen?

I am currently in New Delhi on a tourist visa and would like to travel to Shanghai and Beijing but will not be back in the US before traveling to China.
Can I apply for a Chinese L type in New Delhi at the Chinese Embassy even if I am a US citizen?

Answers (1)
Answered by Juliet from Finland | Jan. 12, 2015 20:00
Hello Cat, you can get it from the CVASC branch in New Delhi rather than in the embassy. The documents you need to submit for the application are your valid passport and a photocopy of its data page, a completed application form affixed with a recenly taken color passport photo, a note issued by the US embassy or consulate in India stating your visit to China, roundtrip tickets and hotel reservations, a personal written statement, and the original copy of your six-month bank statement.
Related Questions:
Validity of a Tourist L type from the US for an International student in t...
Asked by Verena Ziegler from USA
| Jun. 02, 2017 04:55
Non-US citizen, requiring visa for China
Asked by Vahid from turkey
| Aug. 06, 2015 01:23
Chinese Tourist Visa for American Student in Russia
Asked by Masha from Russia
| Apr. 12, 2015 04:35
US Citizen Apply for Chinese Tourist L type in India
Asked by Kevin from USA
| Sep. 13, 2016 22:15
Hello, Im a foreigner master student living in Wroclaw.
Asked by Sarah from Poland
| Dec. 29, 2015 20:03
Entering China with L visa -- what documents do I need to bring?
Asked by Allen from USA
| Apr. 26, 2016 23:01
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)