Asked by Avishek Saha from India | Jan. 06, 2015 21:00
About:Shanghai Transportation by Air

Do I need VISA to avail the conneting flight from SHA?

I am going visit South Korea on Jan 16, 2015. I am an Indian citizen. I do have my South Korea tourist VISA. While returning back to India on 26th January, there is airport change in Shanghai. i.e. Pu Dong to Hongqiao.

I will reach at Pu Dong - PVG airport around 10:00 hrs from Seoul by China Eastern and I will have flight (same carrier - China Eastern) to India from Hongqiao - SHA airport at 16:10 hrs on same day.

Seoul (ICN) -> Pu Dong (PVG) -> Hongqiao (SHA) -> Kunming (KMG) -> Kolkata (CCU)

So there is around 5-6 hrs time difference. I have to come out from Pu Dong (PVG) airport and I will go to Hongqiao (SHA) airport to catch my China Eastern flight to India.

For this do I need any transit visa or I will get some temporary stay permit in Pu Dong airport.

Please confirm as soon as possible. Thank you and look forward for your utmost co-operation in this regards.

Answers (1)
Answered by Charles from Canada | Jan. 07, 2015 01:11
Hey, you need to apply for a stay permit when you lande in PVG. Be sure that your transit time in SH and Kunming would be less than 24 hours in total.
Related Questions:
I am a US citizen flying from the philippines
Asked by Scott Besser
| May. 25, 2017 21:14
I will arrive in Beijing (PEK) at 14:40 on 23/11/09, is it easy to get a co...
Asked by Mr.M Mtambo from Zimbabwe
| Nov. 16, 2009 20:39
I am indian travelling to Canada ...I need to change flights at Shanghai......
Asked by Sumitra from India
| Mar. 03, 2018 14:34
Re: Brisbane to Seoul via Guanzhou and Beijing
Asked by Young from Australia
| Aug. 20, 2016 03:24
Is transit visa required
Asked by Surabhi from India
| Nov. 16, 2016 19:38
I am from Pakistani, do I required visa or will avail this facility on entr...
Asked by jvd from Pakistan
| Dec. 23, 2015 21:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)