Asked by Lai from Netherlands | Dec. 27, 2014 02:42
About:China Visa Entries / Validity / Duration of Stay

Tourist visa is OK after my studying one expires

Currently I have a resident permit for China because I have been studying in Shanghai for 10 months. My visa will expire om 31 December 2014, but my return ticket is scheduled on 12 January. Can I go to hong kong on 31 December (when my visa expiree) to apply for a tourist L so I can go back to China in the next few days? How long will it take to get it and what is the shortest time? Thank you

Answers (1)
Answered by Kate from Kirgizstan | Dec. 28, 2014 02:16
Lai, you may try to apply in HK. However, I am not sure if you can apply for it successfully because applicants are required to provide their HK resident status if they apply in HK, according to the authorities. It normally takes four working days. If you use rush service, you will get it on the second day.
Related Questions:
Hello. I am studying in Tianjin and my residence permit expires by the e...
Asked by Mr.Carlos from Panama
| Jul. 23, 2010 21:17
Can you apply for an L visa in a country that isn't that of your nationalit...
Asked by Ali from United Kingdom
| Apr. 29, 2014 03:21
3-month Tourist visa
Asked by B. from USA
| Dec. 13, 2017 19:47
I will be transiting in Guangzhou for 4 hours from Auckland and will be fly...
Asked by Carol from NZ
| Nov. 21, 2015 20:05
tourist visa penalty
Asked by Sandra from Canada
| Mar. 01, 2013 03:10
i have only one blank page in my passport, is it ok to get tourist visa for...
Asked by dr vikram patel from india
| May. 15, 2013 03:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)