Asked by Dawa from United Kingdom | Dec. 08, 2014 10:05
About:Apply for China Visa in a Third Country

UK Citizen hoping to apply for Student Visa in Hong Kong

Hi, I'm a UK citizen currently in Malaysia, visiting HK for a week. I have been accepted into a university in Shanghai for a short language course and need to get a student type for 6 months. Is it possible to get one in Hong Kong within the week I am going to be there? If not I will be in Malaysia for another month afterwards, would it be better to try in KL? alternatively should I post my application back to the UK and let an agency handle it there?


Answers (1)
Answered by Bart from United Kingdom | Dec. 08, 2014 20:25
It may be possible to do so, but you need to do it through a HK tour agency, otherwise, you cannot get it.
You are also possible to apply in person in Malaysia, but it is not assured that you can easily get it in the end. You cannot apply post your applications back to the UK and ask a local tour agency to handle it for you, since you are not in UK.

Personally speaking, you can contact the Chinese embassy in Malaysia and find a HK tour agencyto consult online in advance. After making it clear, you can decide it easily.
Related Questions:
Visa for 3 week internship
Asked by Sb from Ireland
| Mar. 25, 2018 22:45
Hi, we are a Turkish citizen resident in the UK and an Italian citizen resi...
Asked by Mr.Leonardo from UK
| Oct. 23, 2009 20:12
Bangkok, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Bangkok
Asked by GR from UK
| Nov. 16, 2017 23:51
48 hours transit via shanghai
Asked by Peter Lee from UK
| Mar. 13, 2013 03:19
I am citizen of the UK and Hong Kong. Can I apply for citizenship for Austr...
Asked by Mr.Tsui from China
| Apr. 21, 2011 01:20
I am a nepali citizen having student visa of japan.i want to visit HK for 1...
Asked by Shankar mahat from Nepal
| Sep. 27, 2016 20:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)