Asked by Karsten from Germany | Nov. 17, 2014 14:48
About:China Visa

72h for arrival in China via 1 domestic fligth

I am flying to China (Shanghai) from Vietnam with a short stop-over in Guangzhou (3h). I want to stay in Shanghai for 24-60h and leave Shnaghai for Germany. Can I actually apply in Shanghai for 72h free transit or do I have to apply for the Visa (in this case the 24h transit visa) in Guangzhou and cannot stay in Shanghai longer than 24h? Thanks a lot

Answers (1)
Answered by Karen from Malaysia | Nov. 17, 2014 20:09
Your situation is not available for applying to enjoy the 72-hour free transit, since you will stop in two cities in China and your transfering time may be over 24 hours.

You can enjoy the 24-hour free transit if your total transfering time (time in Guangzhou + time in Shanghai) is less than 24 hours. So for your situation, you need to apply for a Transit G in advance.
Related Questions:
Transit in China for a flight to Mongolia
Asked by Chris Delcour from Belgium
| Aug. 04, 2014 04:03
Hi, I will be going to Hefei via Shanghai Pudong Airport,
Asked by C. Giri from India
| Oct. 10, 2018 23:13
Arriving via Continental 87 (T2 I think) from EWR at 1:45pm. Departing for ...
Asked by Mr.Rooks from USA
| May. 18, 2009 01:15
international to domestic transfer via different airlines in Guangzhou Inte...
Asked by melvib
| Jul. 06, 2014 03:01
Flight booking for domestic kunming/Lijiang
Asked by Mabel from Malaysia
| Sep. 25, 2013 22:13
Can payment for domestic air ticket be paid via international credit card s...
Asked by Choo Soo Kuan from Singapore
| Nov. 21, 2012 01:46
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)