Asked by Anonymous from America | Oct. 31, 2014 13:04
About:China Tourist Visa

Do I need a visa to visit China for less than 1 week?

I am planning to fly into Shenzhen in February, stay with a family friend for several days and then go to Xiamen where I will stay with another friend for 4 more days. Do I need it if I am in China for 1 week or less?

If so, what kind should I apply for and do my friends need to write letters explaining my visit?

Answers (1)
Answered by Basil from USA | Oct. 31, 2014 20:43
Whether it is needed or not has no relation with the time you stay in China. You need to a single entry Tourist L to visit your friends.

You are suggested to ask your friend to write you an invitation letter, so that you can use it together with your valid passport, an application form with a recent taken photo to apply for it. The invitation letter is a kind of letter to explain your visiting purposes.
Related Questions:
I want to travel to Beijing this week. My visit will be for less than 72 ho...
Asked by bert bayliss from United Kingdom
| May. 29, 2013 02:17
I am a Lebanese I need a visa for macau for a few days trip ? ...
Asked by Mr.Mazen from Lebanon
| Mar. 24, 2009 21:53
Hi, I am currently working in USA and i am planning to visit home(India)...
Asked by Ms.Geetha from Indian
| Jul. 24, 2010 19:59
US citizen visitng Hong Kong for less than a week ,Do i need a visa ?
Asked by Pineda from USA
| Oct. 22, 2012 21:07
If i plan to visit Shanghai for less than 72hours do i need a VISA?
Asked by Chris from Ukraine
| May. 16, 2016 21:25
I like to visit Taiwan , less than 20 days, do I need Visa ?
Asked by Mr.yong khiang from indonesia
| Jun. 26, 2010 20:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)