Asked by Michael from Canada | Oct. 07, 2014 04:41
About:Hong Kong Visa Policy

Is it at all possible to obtain a Chinese visa whilst travelling abroad?

Hello, I am a Canadian citizen currently vacationing in the Philippines for close to 10 months now ending in December. I have been able to visit a few other surrounding countries, however, China seems to be the only difficult one. I am trying to start off in Shanghai then taking trains to Xi-an - Beijing and moving onwards to Hanoi, Vietnam overland. The PRC embassy in Manila does not give out permits to foreigners and that it is suggested to obtain it in my country of origin even though I have proof of all my hotel/train/flight bookings (no return ticket since I want to travel overland to Vietnam, but I do have a proof of return ticket back to Canada from Manila)

Based on all my research and readings, I found as a Canadian, I am able to travel to Hong Kong with out an entry permit for a maximum of 90 days. So my question is, if I get to HK, how can I go abouts travelling to my other intended destinations? Is there a way of obtaining a tourist L in HK or elsewhere allowing me to safely continue my travels? I clearly can't go back to Canada and back to Hong Kong

Any help is appreciated, my intended departure is for Oct 23/2014 so I have a couple of days to hang out in HK before Shanghai.

Answers (1)
Answered by Myron from USA | Oct. 08, 2014 02:10
From HK, you can easily find a flight to reach Shanghai. You can try to apply for a Tourist L in HK with the help of local tour agency. It may be easier for you to get a L type.
Before going to HK, you are suggested to find a reliable tour agency and ask for more exact information.
Related Questions:
I am an Irish citizen travelling in Asia and wondered if it is possible for...
Asked by Mr.Niamh from Ireland
| Apr. 09, 2009 21:54
How to apply for a Chinese visa outside of the UK
Asked by Leyla from United Kingdom
| Nov. 04, 2014 21:06
Applying for a Chinese Tourist Visa outside of the UK
Asked by Alex from UK in Malaysia
| May. 20, 2012 03:12
Zimbabwean Passport Holder
Asked by jeremiah Munyuki from South Africa
| Jun. 01, 2015 03:02
possibility of supporting oneself on an X1 visa
Asked by ik from South Africa
| Jun. 27, 2016 03:24
I am planning a trip to visit my best friend in China.
Asked by Sarah from South Africa
| Jun. 18, 2017 20:44
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)