Asked by sushit from South Africa | Oct. 05, 2014 13:59
About:Marriage Registration in China

Hi I am south African want marry a Chinese girl. where do I apply single states certificate ?

How long it takes? After obtain it do I need translate it in chinese ? Do I need birth certificate too ? But have a I'D why need birth certificate. I don't think can get that ! Kindly help thank you kindly .

Answers (1)
Answered by Oct2014 from South Africa | Oct. 06, 2014 22:16
Hello, I'm South African and went through the same process recently. You apply for the single status certificate at the Dept. of Home Affairs in SA. Once they've provided the document to you, you need to send it to the Dept. of International Relations and Cooperation (DIRCO) for authorising. Once that is done, you need to get it to the Chinese Embassy or Consulate in South Africa for authenticating (bring your SA ID book). Lastly, you need to have the document translated by a certified translation company in China. All of the above could take a few weeks to process. A birth certificate was not required.
Related Questions:
South African want to marry Chinese National
Asked by Frederick from South Africa
| Apr. 29, 2013 03:38
hi, my girl friend is chinese and lives in beijing. i am pakistani. we want...
Asked by Mr.khuram from Pakistan
| Sep. 04, 2010 01:26
After marrying can I change my X visa to Q visa or what should I apply?
Asked by zain khan from Pakistan
| Jul. 24, 2015 04:03
What visa can I apply for to stay in china for 12 months ?
Asked by Cyril from South Africa
| Oct. 11, 2013 01:58
Hi,i am from Pakistan and i want to marry my Chinese girl friend who is cur...
Asked by Mr.Enrick from pakistan
| Sep. 25, 2010 19:51
i am malaysian and want to marry a chinese girl,how to apply for her to sta...
Asked by Mr.tan eng wah from Malaysia
| Jun. 22, 2009 21:23
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)