Asked by Annie from US | Sep. 28, 2014 01:40
About:Adopt Chinese Children

Do I need a adoption agency to complete the whole process?

If I know the procedure to do the documentation for adopting a child from China, is that mean I can do it by myself, it can be no need a adoption agency involved, is that right? It is more fast to adopt a child if using agency?

Answers (1)
Answered by Martin | Sep. 28, 2014 22:04
Annie, the process is a bit complicated. First, you need to send your application and required documents to China Centre for Children's Welfare and Adoption via related department of your government or the adoption organization in your country. You can't send your application and documents to CCCWA in person.

Second, CCCWA accepts the qualified applicants' application and inform your government or adoption organization. Then CCCWA chooses adoptees for the adopters and then sends related information to your government or adoption organization. The adopters finally received related information and then decide whether to adopt the kids.

Third, CCCWA issues a notice and sends it to the adopters via their government or adoption organization. Meanwhile, it issues a notice to local provincial Civil Affairs Bureau.

Fourth, the foreign husband and wife come to China to register their adoption at local provincial civil affairs bureau. The notice given by CCCWA, the adopter’s ID and photos are required. Also, they need to sign an agreement with the adoptees’ guardians or the welfare house that accommodates the adoptees.

Finally, the local provincial civil affairs bureau issues adoption registration certificate to the adopter. It marks that the adoption relationship has been established.

Notice: Before the adopter takes the adoptees out of China, they need go to local PSB to proceed exit formalities.
Related Questions:
I have a multi entry business visa. Can I use it for a tourist visit?
Asked by CK from USA
| Dec. 02, 2012 03:25
Marriage Certificate authenticated for use in China
Asked by Brianna from USA
| Jun. 04, 2017 21:58
Am Ghanaian schooling China, want to apply for the Chinese Government Schol...
Asked by Brightenson from China
| Mar. 01, 2015 21:26
Bringing in over $5000 USD
Asked by Patrick R. Held from United States
| Aug. 18, 2015 04:57
I live in Beijing but need to travel to Indonesia for business purposes. C...
Asked by Mr.Gregory from USA
| Oct. 16, 2010 00:49
I have lieved in Las Vegas, which is good adoption agency and home study?
Asked by Annie from US
| Oct. 09, 2014 01:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)