Asked by Mr.DPEARSON112 from US | Sep. 15, 2014 19:26
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Obtaining a passport for another?

Hello, I have a question. My fincee/girlfriend lives in Kaifeng, Henan and we are trying to get our visa's and passports all in line to travel. I have my passport and she is getting her's, but the visa part is confusing me like no other. She has asked me if it would be possible for me to help her get one for her so she can travel with me back to the USA after my trip out to her ends. I am having a lot of trouble figuring out how to get mine to go out to her in the first place and I have no idea how I would go about trying to help her with her to here? Do I need to contact the Chinese gov for her to get hers to USA or do I need to contact my gov? or is it even possible for me to help her get hers? oooohh so much confusion, any help would be great to clear up all this confusion on traveling to another country. thanks for the help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Neil from Philippines | Sep. 15, 2014 21:09
You mean you are confused about how to get a permit to China and how to help your girlfriend get one for USA?

Which country are you staying now?
If you are in USA, it is very easy for you to get one from your country. You just need to use your valid passport, an application form with a recent taken photo, an invitation letter from your girl friend (your gf should be in China now) to apply a single entry Tourist L at your nearby consulate/embassy.

If you gf is in China and want to go to USA, she needs to apply for it in China on her own. You can provide her an invitation letter to help her to get it. For more detail information, she can find on the USA Embassy in China.
Related Questions:
I can't travel after obtaining my china visa
Asked by John from Nigeria
| Apr. 26, 2015 01:41
Hello, i hold a British passport and i am currently in Islamabad, Pakistan,...
Asked by Mr.Nadeem from Pakistan
| Dec. 31, 2010 03:06
Documents to bring to consulate
Asked by Tony from USA
| Jun. 03, 2016 00:58
Indian Citizen working in Indonesia - what kind of visa is required to visi...
Asked by Nagesh from Indonesia
| Feb. 20, 2014 03:37
Again Mr. charles, another question. Can you tell me the requirements in ob...
Asked by Mrs.Naomi from china
| Jan. 11, 2010 04:18
Dual Citizenship, which passport to use?
Asked by Andy
| Sep. 06, 2015 21:43
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)