Asked by william leithead from canada | Aug. 21, 2014 14:11
About:China Consulate in Toronto

Visa if our cruise stop in both Shanghai and Hong Kong

My wife and I are Canadian citizens. We are visiting Shanghai & Hong Kong in March 2015 on a cruise ship that stops in each port for 2 days and eventually sails on to Singapore. On my flight back from Singapore at the end of the cruise March 22,2015, we connect through Hong Kong for our Air Canada flight to Canada. Can you advise if I need a visa and if so what kind? How much will it cost?
What documentation is required?

Answers (1)
Answered by Lanca from United Kingdom | Aug. 21, 2014 21:30
For Shanghai, you stop there over 24 hours, right? If so, you can apply for a transit G type to stay there with your passport, application form with recent taken photo and your onward tickets. The fee is 92CAD.
For HK, nothing is needed and only your passport are enough. You can enjoy a free entry if you stay in HK for no more than 90 days since you are Canadian.
Related Questions:
Do I need a China visa if starting cruise in Hong Kong w 1 stop in shangha...
Asked by Liz from USA
| Jan. 16, 2018 20:15
Our cruise ship stops for 24 hours at Shenzhen
Asked by Shane Bibby from United Kingdom
| Aug. 08, 2018 20:04
How do we get our 144 Hour VISA Free destination
Asked by Shelley from Canada
| Oct. 01, 2018 21:45
We are going to Beijing in late June. Can we go to great Wall if on 72 hr V...
Asked by D from Canada
| May. 16, 2016 02:47
Chinese Visa from Tianjin International Cruise Port to Beijing Internation...
Asked by Amanda from Canada
| Sep. 03, 2017 20:26
Does 72-hour visa-free applies to Cruise Ports passengers
Asked by Lee from Canada
| Aug. 27, 2014 21:02
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)