Asked by Annie from U.S.A. | Aug. 07, 2014 15:52
About:Adopt Chinese Children

Adopting child from the recent earthquake of western part of China in Aug, 2014

Our husband and I are between 48 -51 years old with childless. I am Chinese from Hong Kong, my husband is White, we both are U.S. citizen. We both have full time job and house in Las Vegas. Can we adopt a healthy infant / a little child from China (around 0-3 years?) If can do, where we should go to do the document. I call to China the related department the employee tell me the first the bester way do the document/contact Chinese Consulate, and then they will communicate with/contact U.S.Consulate get the approval certificate, then take the related document to China for processing the adoption procedure, is that right?


Answers (1)
Answered by Scott from Norway | Aug. 08, 2014 04:36
Yes, the general process you know is correct.

At first, you need to provide the following documents: an application form, both of your personal certification (including your birth and citizen information), marital status certificate, occupations and financial proof, health examination certificate, no-criminal record, aocument that testifies that the adoption accords with the USA's laws.

Then you need to send all these documents to be notarized by a notary public and be legalized by certain departments. Then you need to hand in these documents to Chinese consulate or embassy to get authenticated. After that, they will tell you how to do in the next.
Related Questions:
My birth certificate was issued in sacramento--which consulate do i use? L...
Asked by Angie Beckes from USA
| Mar. 29, 2014 04:45
Child Adoption in Lanzhou
Asked by Lillie from Malaysia
| Oct. 26, 2013 02:05
Do I need a adoption agency to complete the whole process?
Asked by Annie from US
| Sep. 28, 2014 22:04
My husband and I will be flying from China to the US in August. We are ado...
Asked by Mrs.Hood from USA
| Jul. 23, 2010 22:08
Is kunming affected by the recent jinggu and luding earthquake?
Asked by kali from Malaysia
| Dec. 07, 2014 01:58
China Adoption - Hong Kong Entry Requirements
Asked by Amy
| Mar. 29, 2017 01:20
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)