Asked by Steve from United Kingdom | Jul. 31, 2014 05:38
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

UK to Japan then China then back to UK

I am flying to Tokyo in October then planning to visit Shanghai, Guangzhou (and preferably Shenzhen) before flying back to the U.K from Beijing. I am planning on being in the above cities no longer than 36 hours.
Obviously my question is do I need a VISA without visiting Shenzhen and if I do visit Shenzhen will this necessitate me obataining a full VISA?

Steve, Birmingham U.K.

Answers (1)
Answered by Allen from USA | Jul. 31, 2014 21:23
Since you will cover Shanghai, Guanzhou and even Shenzhen, you need to apply for a single entry L type to visit all of them.

I am not very clear about the full VISA you mentioned. No matter you visit Shenzhen or not, you only has to apply one single entry L type to visit all of them.
Related Questions:
I'm a UK national who will be visiting Japan in October for 11 days. Ins...
Asked by Mr.Ian from UK
| Sep. 28, 2009 21:30
Hi, just wanted to find out is invitation required for personal visit?
Asked by Kb from London
| Nov. 29, 2017 20:38
for a 4 days stopover in Beijing and another stopover 4 days in shanghai, d...
Asked by Susana from UK
| Feb. 26, 2018 20:17
can i apply for a tourist visa for china in japan...!! I am a uk citizen.
Asked by Ms.laura from uk
| Jun. 25, 2009 04:13
Can I use 144hr visa if Shanghai is my second stop out of three
Asked by Cieran from United Kingdom
| Jun. 14, 2016 22:52
Are there any issues with getting two transit visas in a row?
Asked by Adrian from United Kingdom
| Apr. 10, 2018 16:13
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)