Asked by HTL from Canada | Jul. 12, 2014 22:09
About:China Embassy in Thailand

China Visa for our baby

My wife and I delivered our son (Canadian) in China and he was given a temporary passport and temporary Chinese Visa. I have a Z type for China. We have booked our holiday to Thailand leaving this week but overlooked that our son only has a temporary Chinese Visa. Our son now have a proper passport. Can we apply for a L type for our son in Bangkok even though we have a Z type and then change it to a Z type in China?

Answers (1)
Answered by Helen from Honduras | Jul. 13, 2014 01:23
Hey, you can not apply for a Z type for your son. You should apply for a S1 type for him, which allows him to stay in China as long as he could. And I think you can apply a L type for your son in Thailand if he has valid Canadian passport that is valid for six months at least. The S1 type requires:
1. an invitation letter from you.
2. copies of your passport information page and resident permit.
3. a kinship certificate, birth certificate of your son. to be exact. Both original and copy version are required.

Besides, you should take your son's passport, filled application form and a recent passport photo.
Related Questions:
S1 type application for baby
Asked by Kieran from China
| Sep. 19, 2017 04:26
do we need to bring the baby in embassy upon applying a China visa?
Asked by mary ann from Philippines
| Oct. 21, 2011 03:00
My wife is a Chinese citizen.Can our baby visit China more than 2 months?Wh...
Asked by Alexander Kong from Malaysia
| Jun. 07, 2012 09:02
Baby to be born in China. Chinese Mother, British Father.
Asked by Jim from United Kingdom
| Apr. 28, 2014 22:45
Filipino Chinese get visa in the Philippines
Asked by cindy from china
| Feb. 13, 2017 19:15
I'm Chinese citizen and my husband is Filipino. Our baby was born in Thilan...
Asked by Mrs.yujie Chiu from People's repulic of China
| Sep. 14, 2010 04:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)