Asked by Raymond Michaels from USA | Jul. 07, 2014 12:31
About:China Consulate in Houston

Are we eligible for visa free transit?

We are flying into Pudong Int'l Airport in Shanghai, staying overnight in a hotel, then catching a ship the next day and sailing to Nagasaki, Japan, within 24 hours of arrival in China. This is the only entry into China we will have on this cruise, and our cruise will end in Singapore. Then we will fly back to the US. We are reading conflicting information on the requirements for free transit. Some places tell us we must arrive and leave by air, and others say we would be eligible if we arrive in China by air and leave by ship. Can you help us?

Answers (1)
Answered by Terry from Canada | Jul. 08, 2014 20:46
If you have already got a ticket for your ferry, you do not need to apply for a transit type. You need to apply for a stay permit for getting out of the airport.
Related Questions:
Arrive Shanghai by cruise ship in morning and depart by plane to Sydney in ...
Asked by TM from Australia
| Jan. 20, 2017 23:59
I will be traveling from California to Malaysia, Bangkok and Beijing and ba...
Asked by maricruz corona from U.S.A.
| May. 02, 2015 20:25
I am going to Shanghai for a weekend, travelling to and from Seoul, but wil...
Asked by Nynne from Denmark
| Oct. 11, 2016 02:03
We are travelling from UK to Hong Kong then flying to Beijing for a few day...
Asked by Aud from UK
| Aug. 28, 2016 21:41
Canada - Shanghai - Hong Kong - Canada
Asked by BC from Canada
| Jan. 10, 2014 02:52
British Passport arriving PVG from LONDON on 25February and leaving PVG on ...
Asked by DOROTHY from United Kingdom
| Feb. 25, 2017 12:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)