Asked by Jeff from USA | Jun. 25, 2014 22:33
About:China Visa Application Requirements

Q2 Visa to China with intent to apply for temporary residence permit. Will reside with Chinese wife

I am a US citizen in the US and am married to a Chinese National. My wife still resides in China. I am considering applying for a Q2 to visit my wife with the intention of applying for a Temporary Residence Permit after arrival in China.
My questions:
1. A Letter of Invitation from my wife is required to accompany the Q2 Application. The Invitation Letter must include entry and departure dates. I do not have flight reservations yet. Must the dates on the Letter of Invitation correspond exactly with my flight dates or can dates be listed as on/or about?
2. Will a 30 day Q2 be enough time to get the medical exam and apply for the Temporary Residence Permit? Is Q2 the best option in this instance.

Thank You-

Answers (1)
Answered by Blake from United Kingdom | Jun. 26, 2014 04:42
Hi, you can not apply for temporary residence permit if you enter with Q2 type. It is only needed when you enter on a Q1 type. The entry and exit date in the invitation letter is for reference only, so don't worry.
Related Questions:
I have a Q2 visa good for 120 days in china, can I apply for a temporary re...
Asked by SJ from USA
| Aug. 26, 2014 21:50
Hello dear. My wife is Chinese citizen from china.
Asked by Omar from Gambia
| Jul. 10, 2017 21:52
My spouse is Chinese and recently ı took Q2 visa.
Asked by Cheng Hao from Turkey
| Feb. 06, 2018 21:46
residence permit and work permit is that possible
Asked by kayman20 from Belgium
| Apr. 25, 2016 20:50
Q2 to residence permit
Asked by LZ from Canada
| Jan. 07, 2016 20:40
family reunion try to apply temporary residency
Asked by jing from Australia
| Dec. 15, 2015 02:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)