Asked by Timothy Hartman from America (USA) | Jun. 16, 2014 19:00
About:Visa Policy of China

I am an American born citizen, I want to move to China.

I am an American born citizen, I want to move to China and hopefully become a citizen, I intend to marry a Chinese citizen while there in the Sichuan province. I have a passport, birth cert. and legal divorce decree.
The lady would send a 'letter of invitation'. I would prefer to fly with one way flight to marry into her family, remain there and apply for a temporary residence permit after we are married. Can someone who knows the facts and procedure for US citizen to immigrate to China according to Chinese law please guide me in this?

Answers (1)
Answered by Alina from UK | Jun. 17, 2014 19:01
Hi, I have to say that it is very difficult to become a Chinese citizen. You can visit this time and get married to the Chinese, then you are able to apply for a family reunion Q type to stay with her in China. However, you have to renew your Q visa or residence permit every year. The fact is that it is very complicated even to get permanent residence permit.
Related Questions:
Moving to China. What visa can I get? Is it possible for me to get "F" sinc...
Asked by Amanda Holmes from Taiwan
| Jan. 10, 2014 02:00
What type of visa do I need if I want to move to China and open a resturant...
Asked by Forrest
| Jan. 13, 2012 20:47
I am a Chinese-American born in China. I just became U.S citizen about a ye...
Asked by Mr.Will Wang from USA
| Mar. 08, 2011 20:22
can i apply for visa in mumbai?
Asked by rajesh shah from USA
| May. 18, 2014 01:53
Can I get a Business (M) visa for China if I am traveling in Japan as a tou...
Asked by Lydia from USA
| Jan. 07, 2015 01:19
What kind of visa would I get for my girlfriend and what would I need for i...
Asked by Zach from USA
| Jul. 08, 2013 03:56
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)