Asked by JG from USA | May. 30, 2014 10:27
About:Visa Application for Children Born in US with Chinese Parents

Do we need to apply for travel documents or a type of Chinese visa?

My daughter is a US citizen, but was born in Beijing. Her mother is a Chinese citizen (and current US green card holder). Her mother's green card was issued after our child was born. I, the father, am a US citizen. We live in the US now. My wife wants to travel with our daughter to China to see her grandparents for a few months. Also, depending on which service we have to use, must we both be present at the nearest Chinese embassy/consulate or can we hire an agency to do this for us? Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Ann from Canada | May. 31, 2014 04:27
Hi, your daughter needs to apply for a family visit visa for this visit.
Related Questions:
We are US citizens. We are taking a tour with Travel China Guide in July 2...
Asked by Mrs.Yamaha from USA
| Mar. 05, 2009 01:06
Australian permanent residents travelling to China
Asked by Mahesh Menon from Australia
| Oct. 07, 2014 21:05
Hi im a us citizen with a 10 year business visa into china,
Asked by sam from usa
| Jul. 28, 2016 22:49
Dear Sir I am Iranian currently at Istanbul Turkey for a business.
Asked by Sia from Iran
| May. 27, 2017 04:32
My husband and I are planning to travel with my son 18 years old to Beijing...
Asked by My from Australia
| May. 02, 2017 04:47
How long before we travel do we need to apply for visa?
Asked by Robyn Garrett from Australia
| Jan. 19, 2015 23:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)