Asked by Elizabeth from USA | Mar. 08, 2014 15:32
About:Visa Policy of China

HK-born US Permanent Resident Visiting China

Hi, I'm a US Permanent Resident (Greencard holder) who was born in Hong Kong. I hold the British Oversea National (BNO) passport, and an expired chinese "Home-Return Permit". Would BNO passport and US Greencard be sufficient to enter PRC? If not, what or travel document do I need?

I know that typically Hong Kong citizen uses the home-return permit to visit/enter, however, to renew my expired permit, I need to apply in person in HK, and since I am not able to go back to hong kong to renew the permit in person, I needed to understand what other options I have. Thanks in advance!

Answers (1)
Answered by Ellen from Germany | Mar. 10, 2014 04:50
If you can't renew your home return permit, then you should apply for a L type with your BNO passport from Chinese consulate in your area. You should offer your passport, completed 2013 application form, a recent passport photo, round-trip air tickets and hotel booking in PRC.
Related Questions:
Do I need to get a visa to enter China?
Asked by Nate from USA
| Oct. 31, 2013 02:32
Do I need a visa to enter China for five days?
Asked by Rose from USA
| Aug. 10, 2017 22:55
Hi, I am a PRC Passport Holder with a US Permanent Resident Card. I plan o...
Asked by Ms.Donna from USA
| Apr. 21, 2010 02:34
Lost Chinese Passport in US, what should I do?
Asked by Alice from Canada
| Aug. 22, 2014 01:03
Chinese Visa for a Colombian citizen living in the US.
Asked by Claudia
| Apr. 11, 2013 02:29
British passport but USA permanent resident
Asked by Angie from USA
| Jan. 03, 2017 19:48
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)