Asked by May from USA | Jun. 30, 2015 12:35
About:China Visa Application in USA

How to obtain Chinese visa for HK born without birth certificate?

I am requesting for L type. I immigrated to USA at age of 6 in 1962, my mother held a certificate of Identification for herself and my five siblings. I was naturalized 1 year later. I do not have HK birth certificate. I have the original certificate of identification, my naturalization paper, US Passport and marriage certificate showing change of names.

My husband and daughters are US born citizens and would like to travel to China, I was told I would not be able to join them because of missing birth certificate. There is no way of getting that, my parents are deceased, I have no information of hospital and birth particulars.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bob from Canada | Jul. 01, 2015 02:15
May, do you have a Hong Kong passport? If yes, you can hand in it to the consular office as well. Alternatively, you can submit some formal documents containing your Chinese name on them. Then explain your situation to the consular officer.
Related Questions:
I born in HK, I only have birth certificate and HK special region passport...
Asked by from USA
| May. 03, 2013 04:37
Infant US birth certificate born in US chinese parents. Can an agency obtai...
Asked by Brenda from US
| Sep. 14, 2015 02:11
Can a foreign obtain his Z visa without holding any certificate but with lo...
Asked by Edwin from Singapore
| Aug. 05, 2012 01:37
can l obtain a business visa without a tax clearance certificate
Asked by king from Ghana
| Dec. 30, 2012 02:04
I was born in the US. My parents are from China, but are naturalized US ci...
Asked by Chicago traveler from USA
| Mar. 02, 2015 20:55
I want to inquire on how to register my birth certificate?
Asked by Ms.Ann from Philippines
| May. 21, 2009 02:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)