Asked by Jim from Australia | Feb. 20, 2014 22:37
About:China Work Visa

Can I bring my wife and daughter to China on my residence permit?

I am an English teacher in China and have just come into China on a Z visa which is currently being converted into a foreign expert certificate/residence permit by my employer.
What is the easiest way to bring my wife and daughter from Thailand?
Is it correct that I need an invitation letter from my school, and then we apply for a Z at the Chinese consulate in China for my wife and daughter? Many thanks for your reply.

Answers (1)
Answered by Johnny from United Kingdom | Feb. 21, 2014 02:43
Hi, invitation letter from your school is ok, but they can only apply for S type for family visit only. S1 for a stay longer than 6 months and S2 for a stay less than 6 months. You need also to send them copies of your residence permit and passport data page. Marriage cretificate, birth certificate are required.
Related Questions:
I'm working in China, I hv residence permit. How can I bring my wife here f...
Asked by Neeraj from India
| Oct. 19, 2013 04:21
I am a malaysian with a chinese wife. Our daughter is holding a malaysian p...
Asked by Arthur Chew from Malaysia
| Jul. 04, 2016 22:15
Can I process my residence permit to any city or province of China?
Asked by Ms.Jane from Philippines
| Mar. 12, 2011 02:41
i have a residence permit and plan to marry
Asked by tom from USA
| Jan. 16, 2014 00:45
If my family visits me on L, can they change it into Z as dependent in chin...
Asked by Murali from China
| Feb. 23, 2013 01:51
Bringing a girlfriend into china
Asked by Richard from Thailand
| Feb. 08, 2017 19:47
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)