Asked by Sha from Fted | Feb. 09, 2014 23:56
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

I am British national currently living in HK, what documents I need for marriage with Chinese girl?

The girl is from Guizhou, do I need to go there? Will she be able to get a British passport?

Answers (1)
Answered by Sharon from Germany | Feb. 10, 2014 01:25
I think it's easier for you to register your marriage at the local Civil Affairs' Bureau in your fiancee area. First, you should prepare a single certificate (also called Affidavit of Single Status, Certificate of No Record of Marriage, Certificate of No Impediment, Single Status Statutory Declaration, Certificate of Legal Capacity to Contract Marriage, etc). You should get it attested by your Ministry of Foreign Affairs and then authenticated by Chinese embassy in your country. Second, all your English documents should be translated by official translation companies. Then you can bring your single certificate, passport, your wife's Hukou (household registration book), both your birth certificates and official style photos (usually taken at the civil affairs bureau) for registration. Of course you will be asked to pay the handling fee.
Related Questions:
British national living in Japan, visiting Shanghai, do I need a visa to vi...
Asked by Hollie from United Kingdom/Japan
| Dec. 01, 2013 20:59
I am Farhan Khan from Pakistan living in Nanjing, Jiangsu
Asked by farhan from Pakistan
| Jul. 12, 2016 03:34
Hi Sir Im Pakistani national living in Malaysia I want visit HK what docume...
Asked by Faisal khan from Malaysia
| Apr. 18, 2016 01:07
How to apply for a certificate of marriageablility?
Asked by Ben
| May. 08, 2013 02:38
hi, I am visiting Hong Kong, do I need a VISA??? I am a British National...
Asked by Mr.Pete from Sweden
| Nov. 16, 2009 01:21
I am a myanmar national currently living in kathmandu. I want to go to chin...
Asked by Mr.nanujjota from Myanmar
| Mar. 15, 2011 19:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)