Asked by hugpa104 from New Zealand | Jan. 20, 2014 02:54
About:China Family Reunion Visa

Q1 Visa departure date

Hi there,

I have a two-part question.

1.) Can I apply for a Q1 (to stay with my Chinese wife) with a one way ticket, i.e. no departure date? I intend to apply for a 1 year duration as I will be considering buying a business if I like living in China, so I do not have a set departure date.

2.) Can I apply for a Q1 by post in my home country or must I go in person?

Answers (1)
Answered by Betty from Australia | Jan. 21, 2014 21:51
Yes, one way ticket is ok but you must provide an invitation letter from your wife and a copy of her Chinese ID.
As I know, the embassy and consulate do not accept post application and also they do not provide mail back service. If you can not visit the office in person, you can entrust someone else or a travel agency to handle this.
Related Questions:
if my visa expires 11 days after my planned departure date, are there any s...
Asked by Thad from USA
| Jan. 07, 2015 19:07
please recommend the best way to Zhangjiajie from Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Asked by malaysia from joyce lau
| Nov. 04, 2012 19:14
Is it possible change q1 type to business M type while staying in china ...
Asked by Puneeth from India
| Feb. 01, 2018 21:07
Is it possible to work on a Q1 visa?
Asked by Stephen from USA
| Jan. 05, 2015 18:50
How much are charges of Q1 visa
Asked by Rizwan from India
| Aug. 10, 2016 22:07
How far in advance from your trip departure date do you recommend applying ...
Asked by Jim Polacek from USA
| Jun. 03, 2014 04:31
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)