Asked by Andy Mutter from UK | Nov. 11, 2013 07:28
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

Visa Exemption, for one night stay in the city, when transiting through Shanghai airport?

My wife and I and our two adult sons will be travelling from London to Vietnam via Shanghai.

On our outbound journey we will simply transit through Shanghai airport without leaving it.

However on our return trip from Vietnam via Shanghai we would like to travel into Shanghai and spend one night at an hotel, and then return to Shanghai airport the next morning for our flight back to London.

Are we exempt for this excursion out of the airport in Shanghai. And if so how do go about getting the exemption ?


Answers (1)
Answered by Jay from CN | Nov. 12, 2013 00:27
Yes, you can avail free transit in Shanghai if you have ticket leaving from the airport within 72 hours. Passport can air ticket are enough for application of this free transit permit and you can get this done directly when you arrive at the airport.
Related Questions:
Do Philippine nationals need a transit visa if transiting through Guangzhou...
Asked by Rhia from Philippines
| Oct. 29, 2016 01:38
Hi, I have booked a flight from Vancouver to Hong Kong and will be transiti...
Asked by Ms.Ho from Canada
| Oct. 05, 2010 21:52
Do I need a transit visa? Hi, I am a Pakistan passport holder
Asked by Neena from United States
| Jun. 25, 2018 03:05
Do I need a visa for transiting through Shanghai for one night? I am a UK c...
Asked by J. Seitz from Japan
| Jun. 17, 2012 21:40
Hi I’m from Malaysia and transiting through Shanghai Airport to USA do I ne...
Asked by Emily from Malaysia
| Nov. 21, 2017 19:56
Transit visa- leaving airport
Asked by Ana Escobar from USA
| Feb. 17, 2017 20:38
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)