Asked by LM from Philippines | Oct. 25, 2013 01:46
About:China Transit Visa

In Transit Visa from Manila for US Citizens

Hi, my Family and I are US Citizens with US passports, living in the Philippines on assignment. We have a stamp on our passport stating: EO408 AND EO226 WITH MULTIPLE ENTRY PRIVILEGES’ Exp: Nov, 29, 2014.

We wish to visit the great wall of China over a weekend. Fly to Beijing on a Friday Morning, visit the Wall on Saturday, Fly back Sunday night or Monday Morning.

Is this possible without having to apply for a transit G? Do I need anything special?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mickey from Poland | Oct. 25, 2013 03:17
Hi, a tourist L visa is required if you fly round trip from the Philippines to Beijing. But if you make Beijing as a transit city, for example, Manila-Tokyo with stopover in Beijing, you are allowed free transit for 72 hours and you can travel freely to the Great Wall as you like.
Related Questions:
DO we need to get visas?
Asked by Ramon Ortega from USA
| Dec. 04, 2015 21:43
Does this qualify for 72 hour visaless permit?
Asked by Cindy from USA
| Jun. 09, 2014 02:26
Can we get free visa in Beijing
Asked by William from USA
| Feb. 28, 2018 00:55
we are us citizens traveling from Manila to Seoul to Bejing. Can we get vi...
Asked by janice f bowden from mexico
| Aug. 27, 2015 03:39
Do I need a transit visa for a layover in Shanghai (PVG) from Friday, 5:20p...
Asked by Zee from USA
| Feb. 13, 2018 03:32
Visa requirements, US green card holder enter Shanghai 44 hours before crui...
Asked by M. A. Gomez from USA
| Jan. 04, 2017 00:39
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)