Asked by Loraine Laddie from United Kingdom | Oct. 22, 2013 06:20
About:72-Hour Visa-Free Transit FAQ

COnfirmation from China Embassy that I can use the 72 hour free transit

Hi, you have already confirmed that my boss is fine to travel on the 72 hour free transit visa, so this is excellent. He is from Belgium and will travel from Paris to China and then to Tokyo, but is there any way that i can get a written confirmation from the Chinese embassy that it will be okay for my boss to use the 72 hour free transit. I am very concerend that he will turn up at thhe airport and the ground staff in Paris will not let him travel. I called air france yesterday and they said they dont know anything about this. I then even called China Embassy but they said i must call Air France as they dont know either....It would be reassuring to get confiramtion that my boss is able to board the air france flight without a visa. Thanks so much

Answers (1)
Answered by Mickey from Canada | Oct. 23, 2013 02:48
Hi, Chinese embassy will not issue a written confirmation about this, but if you still worried, you can contact the airport directly.
Tel: 0086-10-56095400 if you plan to transit through Beijing International Airport, or
0086-21-51105100 if you plan to transit through Shanghai Pudong or Hongqiao Airport.
Anyway, this free transit policy was introduced in January 2013, so the carrier airline should know this anyway.
Related Questions:
I was denied for a visa to China - can I still use the 72 hour free transit...
Asked by Anne from USA
| Feb. 02, 2015 21:23
Flying into PVG then 36 hours later going to SIN with stopover in BKK
Asked by Mark from USA
| Oct. 10, 2015 21:34
I am US citizen would like to go to Guilin from Hongkong and Guilin to Indo...
Asked by John from USA
| Feb. 04, 2015 20:48
I am American, I want to fly to Chengdu from HK for 2 days-spend 1 night an...
Asked by win from USA
| May. 12, 2017 04:18
i will be flying fro Russia to Beijing to Changsha and then a seperate tick...
Asked by Steed from america from Russia
| Jun. 16, 2017 03:12
I have a US passport. If I depart from Narita to go to Beijing, can I use 7...
Asked by Chris from USA
| Jan. 01, 2016 19:51
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)