Asked by Brian from USA | Aug. 26, 2013 08:39
About:China Embassy in Argentina

American in Argentina

I am an American currently visiting Buenos Aires for a few weeks. I have a trip planned to China in October. I went to the Chinese Embassy in Buenos Aires to acquire a 30 day tourist visa for my trip. However, I was informed by the woman working at the embassy that I need an Argentine ID in order to get one via their office in Argentina. My American Passport and American ID were not sufficient (apparently) and I don't have an Argentine ID. Is there anything I can do?

Answers (1)
Answered by Kyle from Canada | Aug. 27, 2013 02:53
That is to say, the embassy there only process applications for their citizens, or foreign passports holders who work or reside there with the ID. So, you may need to apply in USA instrad. Actually, this is now the world-wide requirement for Chinese visa application.
Related Questions:
American Teacher in Buenos Aires
Asked by Alejandro Chen from USA
| Nov. 21, 2014 20:16
American in Argentina applying for Z visa in China
Asked by Hust from Argentina
| Jun. 29, 2014 04:26
If I am a US resident in Argentina on a 3 month tourist stay, can i get a C...
Asked by Molly from USA
| Oct. 31, 2014 21:08
Getting Chinese visa in buenos aires
Asked by JR from USA
| Oct. 15, 2013 04:44
Can I apply for a multiple entry visa in Buenos Aires?
Asked by David(Buenos Aires) from Argentina
| Jun. 10, 2011 04:05
I am going to China in August. If I have a Single Entry visa and my flight...
Asked by David (Buenos Aires, Argentina from Argentina
| Jun. 11, 2011 22:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)