Asked by Dave G from USA | Aug. 03, 2013 15:51
About:China Visa

My cruise ends in Shanghai, questions about visa

We have a terrific hotel booked and we've already bought our business class air tickets for a 4 night stay.
First, I read some place that arrival by ship does not qualify for the 3-day visa anyhow. But, second, short of rebooking our flights a day earlier, is there any way to request an additional day? I am assuming they will not let us land in Shanghai without a proper type one if our flights are more than 72 hours away. We are visiting Hong Kong prior to the cruise, visiting Taiwan and Japan, but making absolutely no other entries to China or going beyond Shanghai. In 1996 we went on an extensive tour of China, but due to illness we didn't get to see Shanghai. I've read that having a past one is a plus.

Answers (1)
Answered by Nelson from United Kingdom | Aug. 03, 2013 22:31
Dave, I think you need to apply for a L type one before you take the cruise. If you are not sure about this, you'd better contact the cruise company. They will tell you what type to apply for.
Related Questions:
Visa on cruiser
Asked by Henry Mok from Australia
| Jan. 03, 2017 01:11
China visa if arriving on a cruise ship
Asked by Mary from United States
| Jul. 09, 2016 01:05
I qualify for the 24 hour free transit correct?
Asked by Abby from United States
| Jan. 09, 2017 00:57
Cruise Singapore to Shanghai
Asked by Fred Barlow from uN
| Jan. 02, 2017 01:18
Hi, Does my trip qualify for 144 hours-Free Visa Transit please ?
Asked by HUU CHI from Australia
| Sep. 18, 2018 20:58
15-day Visa-Free for Cruise: contact for more info
Asked by Ayesha Hussain from United Kingdom
| May. 02, 2017 20:00
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)