Asked by Jonas from Netherlands | Jul. 31, 2013 11:20
About:Dual Nationality

Can someone who is married to a Chinese girl obtain a chinese citizenship?

I have married to a Chinese girl and since we are experiencing many difficulties to obtain the long-term residence permit in China (and also the work permit), I was wondering in the case of necessity I can apply for a Chinese Citizenship due to my marriage! As I saw having the immediate relation with a Chinese Citizen allows you to apply for a Chinese Citizenship... But I was wondering in what extend is this feasible, just in case!

Answers (1)
Answered by Joe from Canada | Jul. 31, 2013 22:04
No, it is almost impossible to get Chinese citizenship just being married with a Chinese. If you plan to work here, you should follow the rule and get work permit for a work Z visa application. I think it should not be so hard if you get a position offered by a company, which is legal to hire foreign employee.
You can also try to extend your current visa to a family visit Q1, with your marriage certificate. But be note that you are not allowed tp work on the Q1 visa.
Related Questions:
prcedure for malaysian girl marrying chinese boyfriend in China
Asked by gan from Malaysia
| Mar. 14, 2015 04:17
Regarding Chinese CitizenShip...
Asked by Kevin Wijeratna from Sri Lanka
| Feb. 29, 2012 19:38
Hey, I would like to know if i get married to a chinese girl, but i don't...
Asked by Mr.N from India
| Oct. 06, 2010 04:13
I am Chinese. My application for Singapore Citizenship was approved recentl...
Asked by Ms.Tina from Singapore
| Jul. 13, 2009 20:40
if I marry a chinese girl can i get a residence permit if I hand over my ci...
Asked by Paresh from Indian
| Jun. 03, 2013 02:06
Can i have dual Citizenship?
Asked by Mr.JT from Philippines
| Sep. 29, 2010 03:08
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)