Asked by meghan from USA | May. 20, 2013 11:27
About:China Consulate in Houston

US citizen applying for Chinese Visa outside of the US... where? how?

I am a US citizen who will be leaving for an 3 month tour through Europe in 2 weeks. I am wanting to travel to China after Europe (also Russia) and will be needing to apply in a country other than the US. Do I take the forms and attempt to process at the Embassy in say... Switzerland?

Answers (1)
Answered by Dick | May. 21, 2013 04:37
The fact is that to apply in a third country is difficult now, because in most cases the embassy only accept applications from the residents. You can have a try to contact the embassy in Switzerland before departure. Or just apply for a double entry tourist L in US which will be good for 6 months after issue date.
Related Questions:
Personal appearance for US citizen, applicaton for Chinese visa
Asked by huey from Philippines
| Nov. 09, 2011 02:53
I am an American citizen with an American passport
Asked by cadmar from canada
| Feb. 09, 2018 03:37
quick question about visa application in hong kong to china (I am US reside...
Asked by Michelle from USA
| Jan. 15, 2015 00:25
Dear Consul General: I am a US citizen and applying for a Z-visa. I am l...
Asked by Ms.Yu from USA
| May. 13, 2010 04:18
How long would it take for an US citizen to obtain a Chinese visa in Jakart...
Asked by Avruss from USA
| May. 14, 2017 20:59
How Much Does It Cost (US Citizen) for the one-month L visa extension?
Asked by Garrett from USA
| Jun. 11, 2014 04:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)