Asked by Melissa from Australia | Nov. 28, 2012 22:41
About:China Embassy in New Zealand

Do I as a New Zealander living in Australia have to be in NZ or apply from here in Australia?

My partner and I are applying for a Chinese visa, I am a New Zealander living in Australia for the past year and they are a born Australian citizen. We have flights booked but no other itinerary as we are intending to backpack and travel around a little and wanting to leave our trip as flexible as possible. Do I as a New Zealander living in Australia have to be in NZ at the time of application or can I apply from here in Australia? Also, do you think it would be possible for us to have a multi entry one granted for upto 6 months as we want to leave our plans as open as possible? Our flights are booked for March so does its validity begin the day when it is granted or can we specify a 'start date'. Just want to know the best time for us to apply. Sorry for all the questions! Thanks :)

Answers (1)
Answered by Kyle | Nov. 29, 2012 03:32
If you are exempted from visa or permit to work or reside in Australia, then you can apply there with Australian entry record. It is not necessary to go back to NZ. But better contact the CVASC in Australia at +61-2-94758800 for further confirmation. If this is the first time for you to visit China, it is impossible to get a multiple entries. The validity begins from the issue date. A single entry is valid for 3 months, if you plan to visit in March, you can apply in late Jan. or Feb.
Related Questions:
New Zealander applying from Melbourne, Australia
Asked by TD from New Zealand
| Aug. 20, 2017 21:50
I'm a New Zealander living in Australia, I'm transiting through Hong Kong. ...
Asked by Ana from Australia
| May. 07, 2014 01:27
I am a New Zealander living in Australia. My Australian friend and I are v...
Asked by Mrs.Savill from Australia
| Aug. 26, 2009 20:55
Tourist Visa for my itinerary below
Asked by Chloe from Australia
| Feb. 19, 2013 19:42
Visa requiment. What dose she need to be able to do this?
Asked by Robin from China
| Mar. 21, 2015 02:16
I am a New Zealander live in Australia . Is it possible to apply China visa...
Asked by Eng Iau Teh from Australia
| Jul. 12, 2012 04:58
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)