Asked by S from USA | Nov. 28, 2012 14:01
About:China Visa Application in UK

US Citizen applying for JW202 Visa in UK

I'm a US Citizen living in America, and I want to visit the UK in January before heading to China from the UK mid-February. I will be visiting China on a 5-month teaching internship through a JW202.
I have been told by the program coordinator in Beijing that I would be able to apply for the visa in the UK, even though I am not a UK citizen. However, I have had conflicting information from different sources. Can anyone advise on if I can apply for it in the UK?

Answers (1)
Answered by Cecil | Nov. 29, 2012 01:13
Hi, if you will only stay in UK for one month, you can apply for the Chinese visa in advance when you are in US. Because a single entry China visa is valid for 3 months from the issue date. Anyway, if you are visa or permit exempt for residing or working in the UK, you can apply there.
Related Questions:
Fee for a polish and a Romanian citizen applying for a Chinese visa in the ...
Asked by Christine from United Kingdom
| Mar. 15, 2013 01:43
permanent or current address
Asked by Andy from Korea
| May. 11, 2017 04:37
Canyou please tell me applying fee of JW202 visa for pakistani students
Asked by Tamseel from Pakistan
| Nov. 30, 2017 03:54
Can you apply for a Chinese visa (from London) if you are a US citizen stud...
Asked by Melanie Malaviya from USA
| Oct. 12, 2017 21:10
2 year multiple entry tourist visa for UK passport holders
Asked by Elliott Boulton from Malaysia
| May. 02, 2018 22:47
Visa costs for a UK citizen residing in Malaysia
Asked by mohamed from Malaysia
| Feb. 08, 2012 22:21
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)