Asked by Yvonne from USA | Nov. 09, 2012 14:32
About:China Consulate in San Francisco

Layover in Bejing, Do We need a Visa

My Husband and I are flying to Thailand and have a 19 hour layover in Bejing on the way in and on the way out.

1) Will we need a Visa to go outside the airport terminal to visit Bejing?
2) If so, will we be able to get it (and our passports) back before we travel to Edmonton Canada on Dec. 8th? 3) Also, My husband is Canadian, if we need one for Bejing, Can he still get it in SF? he does have a current work visa to be in the US.
4) And one last question, can I submit the applications for both of us in SF, or does he need to also be present?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jean | Nov. 10, 2012 02:34
Visa is required if you want to go out of the airport. The regular processing for application takes about 4 working days, and your husband can apply in SF if he has valid US visa. You can handle application on his behalf if he can not go in person.
Related Questions:
8 hours layover in bejing
Asked by Riza Guanzon from England
| Jul. 07, 2016 21:21
24 hour transit. Will they ask me at my airport when I depart or when I lan...
Asked by Lee Russell Balfour from Canada
| Oct. 11, 2017 21:53
Trip From Canada to Chiang Mai, Layovers in Bejing and Kunming
Asked by Cole Weber from Canada
| May. 31, 2018 20:21
Traveling to Shanghai and plan to stay a few days in bejing, do we need a 2...
Asked by Stacy from United States
| Aug. 07, 2011 20:36
2 flights both have layovers. Do i need visa to leave the airport during la...
Asked by Danny from United States
| Aug. 18, 2018 18:38
Since we are not getting off the plane will we still be able to use the 24h...
Asked by Aaron b
| May. 12, 2015 20:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)