Asked by Scott from USA | Oct. 16, 2012 21:11
About:China Work Visa

Can a US citizen on a Z visa (spouse) work in China on behalf of a non-local foreign firm?

I live in China, hold a Z visa as a spouse. I'm a speaker on retirement and investment planning with a job offer from a US company. The US company does NOT have an office in China, but it has invitations from multinational companies located in Beijing and Shanghai to engage my speaking services. Am I eligible to offer my services and work in China on my Spouse visa, offer lectures, and be paid by the US company into a US bank account? Or do I need another step?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ethan | Oct. 17, 2012 03:58
Hi, you cannot take up a job or employment in China if you hold spouse Z visa. You need to get an approval by the local Labor Department.
Related Questions:
A Spouse looking to Work in China
Asked by Grandison from America
| Apr. 17, 2013 01:55
S1 visa can work or search for job in China?
Asked by Chloe
| Jul. 22, 2015 21:10
can a us citizen with a z visa travel to other Asian countries while workin...
Asked by butter from USA
| May. 14, 2012 21:49
Can I work legally if I have a S1 visa? My spouse has a Z type in China.
Asked by Shiraz from Pakistan
| May. 22, 2015 03:47
I want to bring my spouse and 2 kids for 4 month in China
Asked by Kashif from Pakistan
| Apr. 07, 2012 20:58
Can a polish citizen get a chinese z work visa?
Asked by Sharron from United States
| Jul. 29, 2011 22:19
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)