Asked by Dr Kazi Mizanur Rahman from Bangladesh | Sep. 07, 2012 05:13
About:Hong Kong Visa Application

Can I apply for Hong Kong Tourist Visa by sending application directly to Immigration Department HK?

As Chinese Embassy in Bangladesh do not issue Hong Kong Tourist Visa, so we are bound to submit Tourist Visa Application to Dragonair/Cathay Pacific Airways Office. The concerned person in that office send the application form to Hong Kong Immigration Department. If a particular application is approved by the HK Immigration Dept and Visa is issued then that Visa sticker reaches the same office from where the the application was received and from where the application was send to HK Immigration Dept. Now the hassle of collecting the Visa sticker from that office is: the applicant has to produce an air ticket issued from Dragonair/Cathay Pacific Airways Office in Bangladesh without which the Visa is not supplied. As a result a passenger have to travel to or from HK to Bangladesh by Dragonair/Cathay Pacific Airways flight. No option left to fly by any other airline though there are several other budget airline service available, to Hong Kong from Bangladesh. Also Dragonair flights are costly. Other hassle is, if any passenger is traveling to a city in Europe, America, Canada, Australia, the Middle East, Far East and South East Asian countries or else where and wishes to visit Hong Kong from there, it is not possible. If any passenger wants to travel to Hong Kong during day time, as many airline operate from Bangladesh to Hong Kong when the sun is over the sky is also not possible. Many passengers are suffering from different types of health problems and don't want to miss a sound sleep during night time as Dragonair flight time involves the whole night are also deprived. Therefore I understand this attitude of Dragonair/Cathay Pacific Airways Office is undemocratic, unethical and supports gross violation of basic human rights. That is why I am looking for means to apply for HK Tourist Visa directly and if my Visa is approved then I can travel according to my wish and will and I will have the option of flying with the airline of my choice according to my preferred time.

Answers (1)
Answered by Mia | Sep. 08, 2012 02:06
You can send application to Hong Kong Immigration Department at: Immigration Tower,7 Gloucester Road, Wan Chai, Hong Kong. But better contact them for confirmation: (852) 2824 6111, (852) 2877 7711
Related Questions:
Dear Sir, Regarding for HK tourist visa, you mean to say that I have to ...
Asked by Mr.Ratna Limbu from Nepal
| Jan. 05, 2010 03:18
Can I apply for a visa to Macau through Hong Kong Immigration Department?
Asked by Suze from Hong Kong
| May. 20, 2011 04:21
hi I am indian nurse looking for qmas visa?
Asked by poonam from India
| Nov. 01, 2017 19:57
Holding a Pakistani passport but I am Australian permanent resident.
Asked by Richard from Australia
| Oct. 31, 2016 23:38
We are invited by hong kong Buddhist association with all expenses by them ...
Asked by Pushkar Shakya from Nepal
| Apr. 07, 2012 01:17
Will Chinesa embassy accept my visa application for Hong Kong?
Asked by Santosh Poudel from Nepal
| Dec. 04, 2011 00:26
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)