Asked by Jess Harris from United Kingdom | Aug. 04, 2012 10:09
About:China Embassy in Nepal

Is it possible to get a visa for 2 UK citizens who want to travel to Lhasa from Kathmandu and Xi'an?


How do we obtain a Tibet Travel Permit and Chinese Visa? Is it best to get one in the UK or wait until we are in Nepal?

Answers (1)
Answered by Carl | Aug. 05, 2012 03:27
It's possible for you to apply for a China visa for your trip to Xian, but you'd better not mention that you will go to Lhasa as well. You'd better get the visa in Uk if you are are Uk pasport holders. After you enter China, you can apply for a a Tibet entry permit through taking part in a Tibet tour by a China travel company.

However, if Lhasa is your first stop, the thing will become very complicated. You will have to take part in a China tour group and fill lhasa in your China visa application form when applying for the visa in UK. Once you get to Kathmandu airport, your previous China visa will be cancelled, and you have to apply for a new China visa with your Tibet entry permit.
Related Questions:
travel to Kathmandu overland
Asked by Paul
| Jun. 16, 2016 03:48
I'm a US citizen and have a China visa. Would like to travel to Lhasa from ...
Mr.MAXELO from Afghanistan
| Feb. 21, 2010 01:18
i want to go from dehli to kathmandu then lhasa(tibat) by air then by train...
Asked by Mr.g from india
| Feb. 07, 2011 00:30
Tibet october/november 2012
Asked by Sebastian from Austria
| Oct. 17, 2012 21:30
Tibet & Mainland China
Asked by Annette from Australia
| Aug. 18, 2015 02:09
Nepal to Tibet to Yunnan
Asked by Mark from Canada
| Jul. 01, 2014 02:50
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)