Asked by Mr Stephen Adams from Australia | May. 14, 2012 04:42
About:Chinese Embassy in Australia

I repeat my question can I get one visa to cover visits to Shanghai and Hong Kong?

My wife and I are traveling to Europe in October with a 36-hour stopover, not a transit, in Shanghai on the outward flight and a 12-hour stopover, not transit, in Hong Kong on the return flight. We will be leaving the airport during both stopovers. The stopovers are 35 days apart. Do we need separate visas for Shanghai and Hong Kong or can we get one visa to cover both stopovers? I have already asked the question, but you only replied in the case of transit visits. My question was about stopovers where I leave the airport.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bruce | May. 14, 2012 04:54
Australian passport holders are exempt from visa to Hk for up to 90 days, so you don't need any visa for you transit in Hk even if you will walk out of the airport.
As for your stopover in Shanghai, you do have to apply for a China transit visa in advance. Shanghai is just a transfer station on your way to Europe, so it is indeed a transit for you.
Related Questions:
can i get a visa for one year for frequent visits since i am importing good...
Asked by D K Dssanayake from Sri Lanka
| Feb. 01, 2018 02:43
About part time job issue? Sir i have a Presidential scholarship for PHD in...
Asked by Faizan from Pakistan
| Aug. 13, 2017 10:36
How many times can I renew my tourist visa (L)?
Asked by James from United States
| Sep. 07, 2015 04:35
Multiple Visits - Different Purposes
Asked by Laura from USA
| Apr. 16, 2012 01:56
I have M visa for 1 year but only 60 days duration stay
Asked by Hassan from Morocco
| Jan. 31, 2018 21:05
Bangladeshi citizen, permanent resident of Canada planning to visit Beijing...
Asked by M.Khan from Canada
| Apr. 07, 2015 02:12
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)