Asked by Tomomy from Japan | Apr. 17, 2012 20:45
About:Visa Policy of China

Student VISA for Kindergarden Children and change the status inside China

My friend She is from Ecuador has 4 years old kids.
They are in China as a L VISA ( tourist) now then decide to study Chinese.

1) is it possible to change to X(Student VISA) from L visa inside
China ? to go to immigration in Shanghai.
2) I think she needs an acceptance letter from the school.
what kind of document you need to issue this acceptance letter ?
3) Her kid is going to the kindergarden now ( i don't know how)
She is wondering if her kid can get a individual X(student) VISA ?
I don't know the kindergarden can issue the acceptance letter for 4
years old kid.
4) Is any minimum age requirement to get a student VISA ?
for example,in U.S over 15 years old ( High School) student can
obtain the student VISA.
with parents's income proof documents - bank statement.
5) I saw the some information that if they study less than 180 days,
that staying as a F visa, If somebody want to stay longer- more than
180 days, can apply X(student) visa.
it means if somebody study short time, cannot apply X visa ? stay as
a L ( tourist) ?

I am sorry it is bit special case and I don't have much kowledge about
Chinese VISA.
you are the expert about student visa if you could give me real
information, I very much appreciate it.

Thank you for your help.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler | Apr. 19, 2012 03:54
1. A China visa can't be changed or renewed once issued
2. Personally, I think an admission letter from the administration of the kindergarden will be ok.
3. I advise you go to Shanghai foreign affairs office or immigration office to make an enquiry.
4. If one of the parent is working in Shanghai, I think a China dependant work visa is more proper for the kid (just personal opinion).
Related Questions:
I'm an American citizen teaching at a kindergarden in Japan. As I work from...
Asked by Ms.Christen from America
| May. 22, 2010 04:54
Hello, I booked a flight From Seoul to Hangzhou with 1 stopover.
Asked by DXB from India
| Jun. 13, 2016 21:19
How can I get visa to China for forward education??
Asked by Mohammed kamara from Liberia
| Jun. 14, 2017 21:26
apply students visa inside china
Asked by red from Philippine
| Jul. 05, 2018 20:57
How long will they give me a visa for, when we get the jw201 form and when ...
Asked by Bubu from Bhutan
| Aug. 14, 2017 01:19
also where shall i contact to do so (a government organization, a bureau et...
Asked by Lilit from Russia
| Nov. 04, 2018 17:52
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)