Asked by Sophie from USA | Apr. 15, 2012 20:24
About:China Embassy in U.S.A.

Do I have to provide my expired passport along with the new passport if I have travelled China befor

I plan to visit China this summer. I renewed my US passport last year. I was told that I need to provide my old passport along with the new passport in order to get Chinese visa, because I have visited China before. Is that true? If so, what should I do if I can't find the old passport? (BTW, I can provide the dates and destinations etc. from my previous trip to China, since I was travelling with my parents.) Please guide.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bobby | Apr. 16, 2012 02:14
If you have had a China visa on your old passport, you should submit both the old and the new passport for you China visa application. If you lost your old passport, you may just submit the application as a first-time applicant.
Related Questions:
Can I renew my expired macau passport with you?
Asked by steven from usa
| Aug. 31, 2013 02:59
Travelling to China expired Residence Permit
Asked by SAM from Jamaica
| Mar. 25, 2013 21:21
I am chinese citizen and my chinese passport expired march 3, 2010, but I...
Asked by Mr.hong from usa
| Apr. 06, 2010 01:40
Can you transfer a ten year visa on new passport?
Asked by Nr from USA
| Aug. 04, 2016 22:22
My US Passport has expired and I am getting a new one.
Asked by Raymond Peckham from USA
| Mar. 08, 2017 00:46
Sir, My expired passport has a China Visa which is valid for 1 more year. ...
Asked by Mr.Chan Wan Thai from Malaysia
| Apr. 06, 2010 02:09
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)