Asked by Nick from Russia | Apr. 02, 2012 12:02
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Do I need special permission to enter the Tajik Autonomous County(Tashkurgan)? And how can I get it

Hello! We are planning a trip from Kashgar to Sost (Pakistan) through the Khunjerab Pass in early May. At "Wikitravel" I found information that: "As of October 2011 foreigners could not enter the Tajik Autonomous County without being part of a tour group or having a special permit".
Can you confirm or deny this information?
If we really need a special permit, where we could get it and how much will it cost?
Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Doris | Apr. 03, 2012 02:38
I have noticed the information on Wikitravel, but I can't find such an official notice on any of the governmental website. I only know that individual visitors are not accepted in Tibet. I haven't heard that visitors have to apply for a special permit to Xinjiang. You may call the Consular Office of the China Embassy in Russian through Tel: +7-095-1431543 09:00-12:00 from Monday to Friday to get an exact answer.
Related Questions:
I am bringing my 13 year old daughter without her father? do i need any spe...
Asked by susan from usa
| Jan. 23, 2017 21:27
Are there any areas of China that foreigners are not allowed to go to?
Asked by Gayle from USA
| Jun. 20, 2016 22:04
what hours, which days is the tajikistan embassy open in beijing for visa p...
Asked by chris from canada
| May. 07, 2012 21:41
Permission to Xidi and Hongcun
Asked by MARTIN from United Kingdom
| Feb. 01, 2016 20:52
Mainland China to Hong Kong restrictions
Asked by Josh from USA
| Jan. 17, 2013 02:23
Hello, i am traveling from LAX to Guangzhou to Vietnam. Do i need any speci...
Asked by Phuong Vo from United States
| May. 02, 2016 21:35
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)