Asked by lewis from Canada | Apr. 01, 2012 22:22
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

How to apply for a HKID card for a Canadian born 18-year-old whose parents hold HKID cards?

The 18-year-old will visit HK from May to July, 2012. Her parents will also go to HK from mid to end of July. Her parents were born and they grew up in HK but migrated to Canada about 20 years ago. Is the daughter eligible to obtain an HKID card? What is the fastest and easiest procedure? What kinds of document are required? Can she apply for the HKID herself with sufficient supporting documents, or her parents need to be present when the application is submitted? Can the application be submitted online? Can an appointment with the government office be scheduled online before she/they arrive HK? Please provide as much relevant information as you can. Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Bess | Apr. 02, 2012 03:27
I think you mean to apply for a permanent Hk ID card, right? Her parents were born and they grew up in HK? Where was she born, Hk or Canada? If she was born in Canada, I'm afraid she will not be qualified for applying or a permanent Hk ID card. If you want to know more exact information about this, please contact the Hk Immigration Department by enquiry hotline at (852) 2824 6111 or by fax at (852) 2877 7711
Related Questions:
Am I eligable to have a 'Home Return Permit'?
Asked by Steven from Netherlands
| Sep. 26, 2017 04:51
born in hong kong, but do not have hkid
Asked by gary from Canada
| Oct. 27, 2014 21:05
i was born in hk and ihave hkid card,my son was born in canada can he get h...
Asked by dennis from canada
| Nov. 15, 2012 02:34
Visiting HongKong in tourist visa.Wants to visit Macao.
Asked by Suraj from HongKong
| Nov. 03, 2013 02:30
canadian passport and home return permit
Asked by Frances from Canada
| Dec. 19, 2016 21:24
Is it possible to live in shenzen with hkid card
Asked by Reza from Iran
| Aug. 08, 2016 04:03
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)