Asked by Kenny from Germany | Feb. 21, 2012 06:40
About:Chinese Embassy in South Korea

Is it possible to apply for a chinese tourist visa and how do i get an alien registration card?

i am a german citizen and will be on holidays in south korea for a couple of days. In korea I want to apply for a tourist visa in china. is this possible to get a tourist visa there or is a alien registration card neccassary. and if yes, how can i get an alien registration card?

Answers (1)
Answered by Eric | Feb. 22, 2012 19:54
You can't get an alien registration card because you are on holidays in South Korea. The Korean ARC is issued to aliens who work or reside or study in South Korea for a long time (at least more than 6 months).

If you have been Mainland China in the last 2 years and can provide the previously used China visa and entry record on your passport, it is still possible for you to get a single entry China tourist visa in Korea even though you don't hold a Korea ARC with at least 6 months validity.
Related Questions:
Is it currently possible for a foreigner to get a Chinese tourist Visa in T...
Asked by Mr.DeJager from Canada
| Oct. 13, 2010 20:34
Chinese Tourist Visa from South Korea for an Austrian traveller
Asked by Sigrid Kerschbaum from Austria
| Nov. 02, 2011 04:58
It is possible to get a work visa in Seoul on a tourist visa with no alien ...
Asked by XXX
| Sep. 17, 2012 04:48
As a visitor to Tokyo is it possible to get a Chinese visa without an alien...
Asked by Mr.Brandon from UK
| Jan. 19, 2011 02:42
Canadian visiting South Korea to apply for Chinese Visa
Asked by Naomi from Canada
| Jun. 04, 2012 02:13
Tourist Visa without ARC possible? Travel Agency says yes. Any experiences?...
Asked by Sandra from Germany
| Apr. 19, 2013 01:57
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)