Asked by David from Australia | Feb. 08, 2012 04:29
About:China Consulate in Perth

Hong Kong day trip to Guangzhou

I will be in Hong Kong March 2012 and would like to book an organised Shekou & Guangzhou day tour for my wife and I. Do we need to apply for a visa from here, in Perth, or are we covered by Group Visa organised by the tour company? Also, can we apply for visa to cross into Schenzen at the border? We will be staying with friends who live close to the border, in New Territories.

Answers (2)
Answered by Mr.APAULT from China | Feb. 08, 2012 07:34
You will need to apply for a visa if you want to go to Guangzhou. You can do that in Aus, or in HK.

If that is a separate trip to the Shenzhen visit, ensure you get a double entry visa. #

If you only want to go to Shenzhen you can get "a single-entry five-day Special Economic Zone Tourism Visa on arrival for ¥168-1,000. At the Luohu border (罗湖口岸), the office is immediately upstairs after clearing the Hong Kong immigration and customs. It is open 9AM-11:30PM seven days a week and only accepts RMB for payment. It can be reached at +86 755-8232-7700 for enquiries. Currently, these visas are available for Australian, Canadian, New Zealand and most EU countries passport holders. Note that the charge for UK passport holders is much higher at ¥469 for a five-day Shenzhen-only visa, while it costs only ¥168 for most other nationalities. " From Wikitravel
Answered by Vivian from Australia | Feb. 08, 2012 19:57
David, if you book an organised tour made by a travel agency registered in Hong Kong, you don't need a visa to visit the the Pearl River Delta region (Guangzhou, Shenzhen, Zhuhai, Foshan, Dongguan, Zhongshan, Zhaoqing, Huzhou Municipalities) for up to 6 days.

Does the tour company tell you that it will organize a Group Visa for you?
Related Questions:
Hello, I am a Jewish homosexual, will i be allowed to enter china?
Asked by james from USA
| Mar. 14, 2014 22:27
Is there a possibilty to do a day trip from Guangzhou to Hongkong, and what...
Asked by Mel from Australia
| Jun. 10, 2013 04:17
I would like to do a day trip from Hong Kong to Guangzhou via the KCR can i...
Asked by bradly
| Mar. 16, 2014 01:23
What to do on a day trip from Hong Kong to Guangzhou? How do I get there by...
Asked by Yennie Lee from Australia
| Nov. 08, 2015 20:07
Kowloon to Guangzhou in April
Asked by Annetta from Australia,Perth
| Mar. 22, 2013 04:11
I've had a single entry Chinese visa and visiting Guangzhou for 5 days.
Asked by Alex from Indonesia
| Jan. 21, 2016 20:54
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)