Asked by ken from USA | Jan. 28, 2012 09:32
About:China Embassy in Philippines

China visa requirments for Filipinos with US Permanant Resident card

My wife and i will be traveling from the US to Manila and then to China. I have a us passport, she has Philippine passport and US Permanant Resident card. I see that there are are additional requitments for Phil passport holders such as providing bank statements, as she has not lived in Phil for a longtime she does not have a bank account there. How do we fulfill this requirment? Also, If I or we have visas to mainland china do we also need seperate doc (permits) for hong Kong? Or will the main visas suffice? Any other info you can provide

Answers (1)
Answered by Michael | Jan. 31, 2012 01:44
Franklying speaking, it is not a good idea for your Filipino wife to apply a China tourist visa in the Philippines. The visa rule for Filipinos in the Philippines is strict, your wife has to prepare many documents if she is the first time applicant, such as Original NBI clearance, bank certificate. If she is not the first time applicant, she doesn't need to provide the NBI clearance, bank certificate.

You and your wife had better apply for a China tourist visa in USA, a single entry China visa is valid for 3 months, Please apply for a visa about one or two months in advance of your departure to China, and do not apply three months earlier, otherwise, your already-issued visa becoming expired before your departure. I mean that it is ok for you to get a China visa in USA if you won't stay in Philippines for 2.5 or 3 months. For example, you get a single-entry visa in US on March 1, 2012, it is valid for 3 months, you have to use the visa to enter China before June 1, 2012. If you will stay in Philippines for 2.5 or 3 months, your China visa obtained in US will expire before you go to China.
Related Questions:
If I have a Chinese passport with an American permanant resident card, do I...
Asked by Ms.Mo from China
| Oct. 17, 2009 04:26
i am a mexican citizen residing in florida. i am a permanant us resident. ...
Asked by Mr.nadim sobh from United States
| Feb. 28, 2011 20:05
transit in shaghai by vietnamese passport
Asked by johnnyhuynh from Canada
| Dec. 11, 2017 19:55
Are a Pakistani person can apply for a chines visa without a trevel agency?...
Asked by Faisal from Pakistan
| Feb. 25, 2014 03:45
Nigerian resident in france traveling to china wthat are their requirments...
Asked by Nwadike Charles from Germany
| Jul. 17, 2011 04:45
Use of Visa
Asked by Kaira from Philippines
| Sep. 05, 2012 02:36
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)