Asked by Saiyon from Thailand | Dec. 08, 2011 10:32
About:China Embassy in Thailand

do I need a visa for a cruise?

I am taking a cruise out of Hong Kong in January, 2012. We stop one day in Sanya. I carry a Thai passport. My adopted father, with whom I am traveling, has a US passport. The cruise line tells us that if he buys an excursion on board, they will provide a visa. Should they do me the same courtesy or do I need a visa from the embassy? If so, how far in advance of the trip should I apply for the visa?

Answers (1)
Answered by Ms.NANCYMOON from Macau | Dec. 09, 2011 03:39
They do you the same courtesy. It is easy to get a visa on arrival in Sanya of Hainan Island. In order to develop the Hainan Island, Chinese government gives preferential policy of visa to Hainan, many aliens can get a visa on arrival at the port of Sanya or Haikou.
Related Questions:
Do I need a visa for a 12 hour visit to Shanghai on a Cruise?
Asked by Raffaele Alvino from England
| Aug. 30, 2016 22:21
Do I need a visa for a day visit to Shanghai on a cruise ship?
Asked by Alan Noble from Australia
| Dec. 03, 2017 21:31
flying into Beijing
Asked by martin bevan from uk
| Feb. 05, 2018 21:45
I will visit Shanghai for one day arriving on a cruise , do I need a visa
Asked by Pike from UK
| Feb. 13, 2014 00:50
Do I need a visa for Sanya (Haianan Island) on a cruise? I am holding an Au...
Asked by Michael from Australia
| Jul. 09, 2015 00:36
I will be visiting Shanghai on a cruise ship but will not go ashore. Do I n...
Asked by Jack Parker from USA
| Sep. 22, 2015 21:29
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)