Asked by Williamb from USA | Oct. 27, 2011 12:55
About:China Consulate in New York

My Daughter who was born in China cannot get visa to see her Chinese mother.

My Daughter was born in China. My wife is a PRC citizen. I am an American Citizen. My daughter received American citizenship at the US consulate in Guangzhou. Now i am told my daughter cannot get a visa to China because she is not recognized as an American citizen since her mother does not have a residence card in America. My wife is trapped in China and My daughter is trapped in America. They have not seen each other for 1 year. Does she need a travel document? I have read no case like this on the internet.

Answers (1)
Answered by Tyler from USA | Oct. 28, 2011 05:02
can you apply for a US passport for your daughter? I feel it is ridiculous, your daughter received American citizenship at the US consulate in Guangzhou, why can't she obtain a China visa? She has a American dad and Chinese mother.
Related Questions:
Long stay visa for 18 year old
Asked by Mom from China
| Jun. 21, 2014 03:10
Do we need to apply for travel documents or a type of Chinese visa?
Asked by JG from USA
| May. 31, 2014 04:27
My daughter is going to china with her friend and her friends mother as the...
Asked by Mr.Annette from canada
| Nov. 23, 2009 20:13
Returning to Shanghai on a Temporary residence permit with a 2 month validi...
Asked by Dirk from USA
| Jul. 09, 2013 01:59
Maximum stay for my daughter as her mother are a Chinese citizen
Asked by James from Malaysia
| Mar. 29, 2014 03:31
My Daughter is going to study in china, can get visa for five year to stay...
Asked by Mig from UAE
| Aug. 19, 2012 03:55
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)