Asked by Rob | Oct. 10, 2011 04:40
About:China Embassy in Switzerland

I am an American on vacation here in Switzerland, can I apply China work visa in Switzerland?

Good morning. I am an American on vacation here in Switzerland. I've been offered a job in Shangzhi starting the 17th of October. The information letter of invitation is being sent to me at my friends address in Lausanne. I understand there is a form - V.2011B - that can be used to apply from a different country from my own. As the time is short, will I be able to apply for the visa, use the V.2011B, pay for the same day service and leave from Geneva or do I have to return to the US?
Thank you.

Answers (1)
Answered by Linda from Malaysia | Oct. 10, 2011 22:10
Generally speaking, applicants should apply for China visa in the country where they reside or work. On special occasions, applicants can apply for visa in the near China embassy/consulate.

You are on vacation in Switzerland, your application maybe denied by the visa officer of the China embassy in Switzerland. You can have a try. If the application is denied, you have to return to US to apply work visa to China.
Related Questions:
I am an American visiting Switzerland as a tourist. I have a friend that i...
Asked by Mr.Jim Jones from United States
| Feb. 11, 2011 01:54
i am from kenyan staying here in malaysia 60 days can i apply china visa i ...
Asked by Mr.ted from usa
| Dec. 19, 2009 21:12
I am a UK passport holder, can I apply for a Chinese visa in Switzerland?
Asked by Mr.Ken
| Oct. 09, 2009 01:49
Application for a British Ex Pat living in Valais Canton Switzerland
Asked by Tom from Switzerland
| Aug. 30, 2017 21:31
Hello. I am from Russia with Russian passport. I am staying in Switzerland...
Asked by Ms.Asya from Switzerland
| Mar. 01, 2011 21:24
American Military member traveling to beijing for vacation.
Asked by Martin Salazar from USA
| Feb. 20, 2013 03:18
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)