Asked by R. Haans from Netherlands | Oct. 04, 2011 22:57
About:China Embassy in South Korea

I want to get a tourist visum for China, but my alien registration card is valid until 31-03-2012.

Hello, I am a Dutch student currently studying in Seoul, Korea. I have plans to travel to China after my exchange period in South-Korea and therefore will need to obtain a tourist visum here in Korea. However, my alien registration card is only valid until 31-03-2012 (from 02-09-2011) and this would mean I couldn't get a visum, right? What options do I have? The flight has already been booked for very long, since I will be visiting family of my girlfriend (who will meet me there). I will not be returning to Korea afterwards, I will fly from Seoul to Shanghai on the 17th and then I'd fly back to the Netherlands (my home country) from Shanghai on January 7. I was not able to get a visum back home in the Netherlands, due to the fact that the visum would only be valid for three months and my stay in Korea alone was more than three months. If required, I can present a detailed travel schedule and contact information for the people we will be staying at.

What are my options? Is it possible to prolong my foreign registration card?

Answers (1)
Answered by Jacob | Oct. 06, 2011 03:24
R. Haans, I totally understand your meaning, it's true that you can't apply for a China visa in the Netherlands before going to Korea. However, you can't get a China visa in Korea, either. China embassy in seoul asks non-Korean applicants to provide the Alien Registration Card with at least 6 months validity when they apply for China visa.

Now, the option is that you go to Hong Kong to apply for China visa when the study in Korea finishes or return to Netherlands to apply for China visa. You have to rebook the flight ticket.
Related Questions:
As a foreigner in Seoul (without 6 months valid alien registration) how can...
Asked by Kim from Canada
| Feb. 20, 2013 03:42
To whom it may concern, I am a foreign student in China holding the F-Vi...
Asked by Ms.Anna from Germany
| Jan. 06, 2011 21:57
Chinese Visa from seoul for pakistanis
Asked by Irfan from Pakistan
| Jan. 07, 2012 00:23
Hello. I'm a Panamanian Student and I want to go to China next November, so...
Asked by Mr.Emerson from Panama
| Oct. 21, 2010 03:13
How can I get Chinese Visa for foreigner researcher in Korea?
Asked by Anh Tuan from Korea
| Apr. 09, 2015 01:24
hello i am from south africa intending to visit a friend in chin...
Asked by Ms.Jones from Japan
| May. 02, 2011 03:16
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)