Asked by W.Ann from United States | Jun. 14, 2011 02:10
About:Chinese Embassies and Consulates

Do I need to leave china to get a Z visa?

I hv Australian passport, currently live china (spouse resident permit). Do I need to leave china to get a Z visa or to get my work permit (I have just got a job). If I need to leave China to get the Z visa, can I just go to Hong Kong or do I need to go to Australia

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.JOHNNASH from China | Jun. 14, 2011 22:43
You need to leave mainland China to get a Z visa. But you can wait for the Alien Employement Lincense (also can be called work permit) in Mainland China, your employer should apply for the Alien Employement Lincense for you, after you get the Alien Employment License and Official Invitation Letter, you can go to Hong Kong to apply for Z visa, you don't need to return to Australia.
Related Questions:
Do I need a physical examination record for foreigners to get a Z visa?
Asked by A from Luxemburg
| Dec. 03, 2016 02:10
Do I need a medical check to apply for a Z visa? What is the cost for a Z v...
Asked by Nat from Thailand
| Mar. 07, 2012 01:09
i have a Z visa and have worked here for 4 years. i want to change to s typ...
Asked by janine from South Africa
| Dec. 29, 2014 00:17
Do you need a medical certificate before you can get the Z visa and if so, ...
Asked by Caro from New zealand
| Aug. 04, 2015 22:37
I'm in China now working as a teacher intern. My school wants to hire me. W...
Asked by Derek from China
| Jun. 13, 2011 23:05
Do you need experience to get in the relevant field you are working in to g...
Asked by Maikeru from Ireland
| Sep. 22, 2013 21:59
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)