Asked by TomS from United States | May. 23, 2011 12:20
About:China Embassy in Nepal

U.S. citizen apply for a Tibet Travel Permit in Katmandu?

I wish to visit Lhasa for one week, flying from Katmandu and return. Will I need both China visa and Tibet Travel Permit? May I apply for it while visiting Katmandu? Where can I get the China visa and where can I get a TTB? How soon before flight to Lhasa? My research indicates sequence should be 1) China visa, 2) Tibet travel agency, 3) TTB, 4) purchase airline ticket. Is this correct?

Answers (1)
Answered by Mr.Alvin from China | May. 23, 2011 22:02
Yes, you need to apply for both a China tourist visa and Tibet Travel Permit. But better apply China visa in your home country first. Travel to Lhasa from Katmandu is possible, but you need cancel your China visa (you get from US) after getting Tibet Entry Permit and apply for a fresh China visa from Chinese embassy in Katmandu based on the Tibet Entry Permit. A good travel agency are able to get the permit for you, like this travelchinaguide. For more information, you may contact them at 1-800-315-3949
Related Questions:
Do I need to apply for the permit to enter Lhasa?
Asked by Fox from Hong Kong
| Oct. 25, 2017 21:50
Travel from US
Asked by JillyG from USA
| Jul. 17, 2017 20:41
A Taiwanese with a Tibet travel group. Could I apply for Tibet travel perm...
Asked by Helen from USA
| Apr. 16, 2014 04:06
hello I am a French citizen, I will be in Kathmandu in July and I want to t...
Asked by Mrs.cecile michel from france
| Apr. 10, 2009 22:38
tibet tour without passport.
Asked by neha from India
| Mar. 02, 2014 00:38
I need a prompt reply. I will fly from Chengdu to Katmandu on Oct 07 via Lh...
Asked by Mr.James from China
| Sep. 30, 2009 01:28
Ask a Question
Question Summary (100 characters)
Details (optional) (2,000 characters)